Sunday 15 February 2015

Book review - The Audition by Tara Crescent (BDSM romance) 4 stars

The Audition by Tara Crescent

BDSM m/f romance
4/5 stars


The Audition is a super-hot 91 page BDSM novella with a strict brooding Dom and a sub who needs his discipline and care to help her come to terms with her mother's death, and to tutor her to pass her Juilliard audition.  This is the first book I've read by Tara Crescent but it won't be the last, it was a great read.







Ever since she was a child, Allie Greenwall has wanted to get into Juilliard. But she hasn’t played the piano in six years, and she is hopelessly rusty. Her only hope of passing her audition rests with reclusive Russian pianist Nikolai Zhednov. 

But Nikolai is no longer the man she knew, and in his dungeon, Allie realizes that his help will come at a high cost, one she’s not sure she can pay







Purchase on Amazon

I'll be honest and say that after the first few pages I wasn't sure I'd like this book, Allie just seemed a bit immature and annoying, but I'm glad I persevered as I really enjoyed it.  We soon learn that there is a reason that Allie has gone off the rails, and she is trying her best to put this right.  A major part of her plan is to start playing the piano again and pass her Juilliard audition.  But she's rusty and needs the help of her mother's former protege Nikolai.

Nikolai is just the kind of Dom I like - dark, brooding, strict and so, so sexy but with a good heart and strong desire to help our heroine.  His methods seem unusual and a bit extreme, but they work and the resulting scenes are seriously steamy.  Nikolai is also the only Dom I've come across with a piano in his dungeon!

This book is told from Allie's first person point of view.  I'm not always a first person POV fan, but in this case it really works.  We don't know what's going through Nikolai's mind and it makes him seem even more mysterious and enigmatic,

The Audition is a sexy, short read that I'd really recommend to BDSM romance fans.  I give it four out of five stars.


I was given a copy of this book free of charge by the publisher for the purposes of an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment