Sunday 18 October 2015

Book review - On The Clock by L.A Witt & Aleksandr Voinov (M/Meroticromance) 3 stars

On The Clock by L.A Witt & Aleksandr Voinov
M/M erotic romance 
3/5 stars 


Blurb 

When Blake Raleigh’s favorite rentboys retire from Market Garden, they’re sure their friend Jason will be a perfect replacement. Though Tristan and Jared are a tough act to follow, Blake returns to London to test out their recommendation.

Jason is right on the money. Negotiations turn him on. Getting paid turns him on. The higher the stakes, the hotter things get. Each trip to London is more expensive than the last, and the webcam sessions don’t run cheap, but Jason is well worth the sticker shock.

The more time they spend together, the more Blake wants, and not just sex and transactions. But Jason’s been burned before by men who thought they were in love with him, and he’s not making that mistake again. When the lines between personal and professional start to blur, it’s going to take more than money, jewelry, and sports cars to keep Jason from clocking out and walking away.

Word count: 58,000; page count: 219


Review 

On The Clock is book eight in the Market Garden series which revolves around a group of London's high class rent boys. I'll be honest and say I hadn't read any of the previous books in this series, and I think this is the main reason I struggled with it. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I did really enjoy the sex scenes, they were very hot, but the rest of the story felt a little lacklustre to me.

Blake regularly visits Market Garden when he's in England on business, and is disappointed when his two favourite rent boys retire. However they recommend a friend of theirs, Jason, and he proves to be just what Blake needs. The sex is explosive, but the more they meet, the more he wants. Jason's been hurt in the past and wants to keep things strictly business. Can Blake persuade Jason to stick with him?

The book is told solely from Blake's point of view, so I never really felt like I knew Jason. I also struggled to connect with Blake, although I'm not really sure why. It's possibly because he'd featured in previous books, and as I hadn't read them it felt like I'd missed out on some important 'bonding' time with him.

Although this book wasn't really for me, I would still read more from these authors as I've enjoyed previous L.A Witt books. Three stars.


I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment