Thursday 10 November 2016

Book review - My Best Friend's Stepfather by Opal Carew - 3.5 stars

My Best Friend's Stepfather by Opal Carew
BDSM romance 
3.5 stars 


Blurb 

She’s always craved his touch…even though it’s forbidden. 
When Ash is assigned her first feature as a reporter, it should have been simple: interview a real life Dominant for an article about BDSM. But her subject is none other than Darien Gallagher, her best friend’s stepfather…and it’ll be an interview she never forgets.
What started for Dare as a lesson in sensual domination suddenly has become so much more. He can't deny the spark between them, even though he knows she’s completely off limits. With every seductive word, every lesson, Dare tests Ash's resolve and pushes her boundaries. But at the same time, her boss Adam has her craving things she shouldn’t. 
While Ash finds herself dreaming of both men, a dark secret threatens to destroy everything. But how can she hold onto a relationship that isn’t even real?


Review 
3.5 stars 

My Best Friend's Stepfather is a super steamy taboo romance that really will set your kindle on fire! I kept changing my mind about whether to give this book three or four stars, so in the end I decided to go down the middle and give it three and a half stars. There were some things that I really liked about this book, but there were other parts I struggled with.

On the positive side I really enjoyed the sex and BDSM scenes, they were well written and so, so hot. The main characters had great chemistry together and this resulted in many passionate encounters that were very sexy to read about. Overall I liked the plot line too, I thought the twists were great.

Sadly the biggest problem that I had with this book was that I didn't like any of the main characters. This meant that I didn't really care about them which affected my enjoyment of the book. It's a shame really as I was really looking forward to reading this one and it had a lot of potential. My Best Friend's Stepfather receives three and a half stars.


I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

Http://www.4wheels4helpingpaws.com

No comments:

Post a Comment