Friday 4 November 2016

Book review - Pain Slut by J.A Rock - 4 stars

Pain Slut by J.A Rock
M/M BDSM romance 
4/5 stars 


Blurb 

Honestly, I’m ready to take a step back from the Subs Club. Making the kink world a safer place for subs is the sort of bandwagon I’d have boarded as an idealist in my early twenties, but now I’m a pragmatist in my late twenties. I prefer to focus on adopting and raising a child.

But unexpected factors inevitably derail my plans. Like Drix Seger—attractive and the first genuine sadist I’ve encountered. If I were not in the process of renouncing my masochistic ways and becoming the normal, responsible potential father the adoption agency wants to see, Drix and I might do well together.

But he has a foolish name and belongs to a cult of vampyres, and I am quitting kink. So why does Drix’s infatuation with blood and biting make me so hot I can’t think straight? And why, when he looks at me, does he seem to see something beyond a basket case with a stick up my ass?

Can I start a new phase in my life without leaving part of myself behind? Please send help.

—Miles
 


Review 
Pain Slut is book two in the Subs Club series, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters were fabulous and the storyline had more depth to it than the first book.  One of the main characters, Drix, belonged to a cult of Vampyres, and I found him absolutely fascinating - he is definitely one of the most unique characters that I have come across. I loved the interactions between Drix and Subs Club member Miles, they were brilliant together.

Miles is hoping to adopt a child, but he can't see how he can be a parent and still be involved in kink, so he is determined to give up the kink for good. But when he meets Drix his plans get slightly derailed as he can't get enough of the Vampyre and his love of biting and blood. Can Miles figure out a way to have everything he wants in his life without having to give up an important part of himself?

The title of this book should have given me a clue that the BDSM was going to be heavier than in a lot of books, but it was even more intense than I expected. I enjoyed most of the scenes, they were varied and included some types of edge play that I haven't come across before - and with the amount of BDSM books I've read, that is really saying something. There were a couple of scenes that made me wince in sympathy and that were a bit outside my comfort zone, but they were brilliantly written and added something to the story.

This book won't be for everyone, but I really enjoyed it - four stars.


I received an ARC of this book to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment