Sunday 29 March 2015

Book review - Touch My Heart by Paloma Beck (BDSM romance) 5/5 stars

Touch My Heart by Paloma Beck 
BDSM romance (domestic discipline)
5/5 stars



Synopsis 

William knows exactly what he wants. He saw what his parents had and he plans to have that kind of love for himself. He just has to convince Aubrey she’s perfect for him. He attempts to take it slowly, cautious of her weariness and his own preoccupations. Then he bargains, persuades and seduces until Aubrey agrees to be his. That’s where the rest of his life begins… 

… even while another part of his life begins to crumble. He finds the foundation of his own family rocked. With William’s future not in his control anymore, he needs Aubrey as much as she needs him. There’s solace in knowing you don’t have to go through life’s heartache alone. 

Purchase Links 




Review 

Touch My Heart is the second book in the Heart and Soul series, and boy oh boy is it a good read.  I enjoyed the first book, Hold My Hand, but this one is even better.  I really like Paloma Beck's writing style, and her take on the domestic discipline lifestyle.  Her characters are well rounded, and she really knows how to draw you into a story and make sure you can't put it down.

Shy barista Aubrey meets rich, enigmatic William and we follow their journey in a BDSM domestic discipline relationship.  William works hard to improve Aubrey's confidence and self-esteem, which is almost non-existent thanks to her emotionally abusive father.

Hold My Hand was told entirely in Aubrey's voice, and now we get William's point of view as Touch My Heart is told in his voice.  It does overlap with the first book, but I didn't mind this at all as it was fascinating to get William's perspective on important events in their relationship.  This book takes us forward in their relationship and we really see the love and bond grow between the pair, and it is heartwarming to read.

In the first book William was somewhat mysterious and enigmatic, and it took me a while to connect to him.  In this book I totally fell in love with him!  Seeing how he felt about Aubrey and the love he had for his father and sick mother really touched my heart. 

There are some steamy moments in this book which I really enjoyed, especially the spanking scenes.  The BDSM scenes are quite light, with some bondage and some sexy spankings.  The author deals with these well and succinctly explains the domestic discipline lifestyle to readers who may be new to it.

But Oh My God what an ending!  I was expecting a HEA and really didn't expect the cliffhanger!  Paloma what are you doing to me?!  I can't wait for the next book and really hope it is released soon!  Touch My Heart gets five big stars.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment