Sunday 6 September 2015

Book review - The Arrangement by Nicolette Hugo (BDSM romance) 3/5 stars

The Arrangement by Nicolette Hugo
BDSM romance 
3/5 stars 


Blurb 

Nell Harper's got her life all figured out:

Build a successful law career, find Mr. Right, then have 2.3 kids and a white picket fence. Everything is going to plan until a handsome stranger stops her from stepping in front of a speeding car.

Vincent Mason, rising politician, not only rescues Nell from death but from her safe but predictable life as he introduces her to the darker pleasures of domination and submission. What starts as a six month arrangement of sexual liberation turns into a deeper emotional exploration and Nell soon finds herself letting go of preconceived ideas of love and lust.

But can Nell trust Vincent enough to truly surrender herself?

And can she trust herself enough to listen to what her heart truly wants?


Review 


I loved the sound of the blurb for this book, but sadly it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I definitely didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.  It's hard to say exactly why this one didn't work for me, as I know other people who loved it. I just struggled to connect with the main characters and the story didn't draw me in. The writing quality was good and the story idea was great so the reason I didn't love it was probably more down to me than the author. 

Nell has a safe but slightly boring life, but it becomes much more exciting when she's almost literally swept off of her feet by Vincent Mason.  He saves her when she accidentally walks in front of a speeding car, then shakes up her predictable life when he offers her six months of sexual exploration. Vincent teaches Nell the pleasures of submitting to him and things get hot between them. But can they let each other go when the six month period comes to an end?

There are some incredibly hot moments in this book, with some great BDSM scenes. The scenes were varied, intensely passionate and well written. I really did enjoy the BDSM/sex scenes, but the rest of the book was just ok for me. The Arrangement receives three out of five stars.


I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment