Thursday 24 September 2015

Book review - Taming Me by Alexandrea Weis (BDSM romance) 3/5 stars

Taming Me by Alexandrea Weis
BDSM romance 
3/5 stars 


Blurb 

Lexie Palmer is a writer in search of the perfect story. 

When a case of mistaken identity introduces her to the charismatic dominant, Garrett Hughes, she discovers her salvation. In hopes of penning an accurate portrayal of the BDSM lifestyle, Garrett agrees to educate Lexie. 

She eagerly places herself in Garret’s capable hands, but what starts out as just business with the sexy Mr. Hughes takes a turn toward the unexpected. 

Soon, Lexie becomes immersed in his world, and finds Garret taking control of her life. Her experiences with Garrett may be providing wonderful material for her book, but how far is she willing to go to for her story?  

Lexie Palmer is about to get a lesson in submission that she will never forget. 


Review 

I loved the cover of this book and I loved the blurb, but unfortunately I didn't love the story. I didn't hate it either, but I ended up feeling a bit disappointed by the story and the ending as it had so much promise to be a great book. I did enjoy the sexual chemistry and tension between the two main characters, and there were some fantastically hot sex scenes. 

Lexie is an author looking for inspiration for her next story. Her agent suggests writing a BDSM themed story, but she knows nothing about the lifestyle. When she meets Garrett she discovers that he's an experienced Dom, so he seems to be the ideal person to help her with research. How far will she go to get material for her book? And is there more between Garrett and Lexie that just a student/teacher type of relationship?

It took me a while to warm to both Garrett and Lexie, but I did grow to like them. My main problem with them was how their characters suddenly seemed to change towards the end of the book, this just didn't work for me. I found the BDSM club featured in the book to be absolutely fascinating - so different to how clubs are usually portrayed in novels! It was refreshing to see a different side of the lifestyle.

Overall I found this to be an OK story, with some good elements, but I felt it could have been so much better. Taming Me receives three out of five stars.


I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment