Saturday 30 May 2015

Book review - Closed Set by Julia Harlow (erotic romance) 4 stars

Closed Set by Julia Harlow
Erotic romance 
4/5 stars 


Synopsis 

Cassandra Carlson is working on her five-year plan. A professional dancer, she moved to Los Angeles to work at her best friend's Hollywood dance studio. She decides she can put up with the glitterati for the time being until she saves enough to open her own studio back home. 

When soon-to-be A-list British actor Christopher Edwards comes to her for dance lessons for his new film, the attraction is instantaneous and intense. Both are young, available and strikingly beautiful, but while she finds Hollywood garish and superficial, he's on the brink of realizing his life's ambition with no inclination for a serious relationship. 

Just when their white-hot desire can no longer be denied, a jealous actress targets Cassandra in an insidious scheme and a powerful studio head poses a formidable threat to them both. Cassandra puts herself in jeopardy in order to protect Christopher but will she lose him in the process?

Purchase Links 


Review 
Closed Set is an exciting, suspenseful, hot book that I enjoyed.  I started off thinking it was going to be a sweet, gentle romance but it was actually extremely sexy with lots of heat, danger and emotion.  The heroine didn't seem to have a lot of luck - well apart from attracting a gorgeous Hollywood actor that it - and I really felt for her with everything she went through.

Cassandra is a professional dancer working at her friend's dance studio while saving up to run her own dance school away from the fake Hollywood lifestyle.  British actor Christopher is set to hit the big time and fulfil his life's ambition.  When he meets the dance instructor for his latest movie sparks start to fly. The attraction is instant, the chemistry undeniable, but forces are working to keep them apart.

I really liked Cassandra, she is such a strong woman, but I'll admit to not being so keen on Christopher.  Initially I did like him, but his reaction to various events didn't impress me and I went off him. He is very sexy though! I do think these too have more to tell, so I would be interested in there being a sequel for this pair.  I'm not going to say much else as I'm wary of giving anything away and ruining the suspense, but I will finish by saying this is an exciting, interesting story that is as hot as hell. Four glittering Hollywood stars!


I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment