Friday 18 September 2015

Book review - How About A Threesome by Ginger Sergetti - 3 stars

How About A Threesome by Ginger Segretti 
3/5 stars 


Blurb 

Catalina is a dark haired Latin beauty with an hourglass figure and an ass that pops. She considers herself a lesbian top. Her girlfriend Ginger is a rebellious, red-headed Aquarius who’s half hippie, half career woman. Her sexual identity is in flux and in her secret dreams she sometimes sees a husband. Both ladies want kids, but first they need some sperm. 

Catalina suggests advertising for a threesome and their sexual odyssey begins. Ginger thinks of it as playing the lottery and enjoys the newfound undercurrent of sex in her day-to-day. Catalina enjoys Ginger’s jump-started libido. It’s as if they were newly dating again. 

Their email floods with responses ranging from phallic to financial. Fantasies abound and new boundaries forge as both ladies explore unchartered territory. 

Choosing a man who likes to be aggressive but loves being submissive they head out for their first threesome… 


Review 

I received a copy of this book from the author via IndiGo Marketing and Design in exchange for a honest review.

I loved the blurb for this book, it has an unusual storyline that really had me intrigued. Unfortunately it didn't quite live up to my expectations, and I struggled to finish the book. I didn't hate it, but it it just wasn't for me. 

How About A Threesome is about a lesbian couple's search for a man to join them for a threesome in the hope that one of them falls pregnant. It's a fun, unique idea for a story and it resulted in some funny moments as well as some hot scenes. The main problem I had was that I really couldn't connect with the two main characters, Catalina and Ginger.  It's hard to say exactly why I felt this disconnect, I just felt like an outsider looking in at the couple - I never really felt involved with them or even cared about the outcome of the story.

I've found it difficult to decide on a star rating for this book, but I've settled on three stars as it falls in the 'Ok' category for me. The plot idea and writing style were good, but overall it just didn't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment